What's New Specific What's New information, by month
For Exempt/Excluded activity information, click here
January 8, 2021
Unblocked flash games- run 2 Click here if you want to earn a few extra bucks a month doing nothing with the S'more Android app and support me. Please visit rhdevelops.blogspot.com to see intriguing content and to show support for this site! The sequel to the mega-popular free Flash game RUN. This time you can choose from two players – Runner and Skater. Your mission is the same – run as far as you can, through infinite 3D tunnel lost in the space. You can run both on the floor and the walls – after you touch the wall, it will rotate and become the floor.
Questions and Answers Regarding Resumption of Lawful Gambling Indoors per EO 21-01 (see below)
Run 2 Gaming Potatoes Chips
Question: If bingo is conducted at a location where the primary business is the conduct of bingo (“bingo hall”), what is the site’s capacity limit under Executive Order 21-01?
Answer: Under the executive order, a bingo hall is considered to be a “venue providing indoor events and entertainment”. Capacity is limited to 25% of the normal occupant capacity, not to exceed 150 people in the entire facility. “Normal occupant capacity” means the applicable lawful capacity as established by state or local authorities in accordance with established codes and requirements. This number may be higher than what your organization normally considers to be a “full” when the site is set up for the conduct of bingo.
Keep in mind that on-site food and beverage consumption is prohibited after 10:00 pm and all social distancing requirements must be enforced.
Question: When bars reopen for indoor drinking and dining on January 11, may meat raffles be conducted?
Answer: Yes. Meat raffles (awarding packages of meat as a paddlewheel, raffle, or tipboard prize) are allowed provided that they’re conducted in compliance with all social distancing and executive order requirements.
Paddlewheel with a Table (“Tri-wheel”)
Question: When bars reopen for indoor drinking and dining on January 11, may paddlewheel with a table be conducted?
Answer: Yes. Paddlewheel with a table is allowed provided that it’s conducted in compliance with all social distancing and executive order requirements.
January 6, 2021
Resuming the Conduct of Lawful Gambling at Sites Now Open for Indoor On-site Eating and Drinking
In accordance with Executive Order 21-01, effective Monday, January 11 at 12:00 AM, the following restrictions affect lawful gambling above and beyond those restrictions in existing statute, executive order, and rule:
- Business Hours – Lawful gambling may be conducted until 10:00 p.m. each day;
- Capacity – In places of public accommodation (including bars, restaurants, and bingo halls), capacity is limited to 50% of the location’s normal capacity limits;
- These lawful gambling activities must be conducted in compliance with all applicable statutes, executive orders and rules, as well as Minnesota Department of Health and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidance.
Run 2 Gaming Potatoes Wedges
Gambling managers are encouraged to use the Gambling Control Board’s “Checklist for Lawful Gambling Restart” as a to-do list for restarting lawful gambling activity at their sites.
In conformance with Executive Order 21-01 organizations, on January 11, 2021 organizations may resume play of games that were “paused” when Executive Order 20-99 went into effect on November 20, 2020.
Restarting Paused Paper Pull-tab Games
To resume play of a paused paper pull-tab game:
- Paused games may only be placed back into play at the site where they were originally in play.
- Audit the game (count the unsold and winning tickets). The results of your audit should be identical to the game audit that was conducted when the game was paused. If the amounts of your current game audit vary from the amounts of the November audit, close the game and report the results on your January monthly reports.
- Withdraw the game’s starting cash bank amount from your gambling bank account and place it in the game’s cash drawer at your site.
- When the game’s cash proceeds and starting cash bank were deposited into the gambling account in November, the amount taken for deposit should have been recorded in the “Funds added/removed” column of the game’s LG861 tracking form. The “$ Cash out” column should then have been recorded as “$0”. When placing money back into the game’s cash drawer, enter the amount added in the “Funds added/removed” and the “$ Cash out” columns.
Restarting Paused Electronic Pull-tab Games
- Coordinate with the electronic-game distributor to resume play of paused electronic pull-tab games.
- In November, the amount taken for deposit should have been recorded on the LG861e in Column G (“Amount removed from cash drawer for deposit”). Double-check the LG861e form for November 2020 to ensure that it was completed correctly.
- Start a new LG861e form for January 2021. Once the electronic game starting cash back has been placed into the cash drawer, enter that amount in Column B (“Amount in cash drawer at start of business day”).
Using Reddit to Rank a Potato on Page 1 of Google across the World.
A recent Reddit callout has been able to rank a potato image on page 1 of Google across multiple geographic locations all due to the power of the community driving the viral nature of the thread.
Reddit the self-pronounced “front page of the web” has been a massive platform for users from the early years of the web. Its community is vast and spans multiple intertest and following all contained within subreddits. These subreddits all contain strict protocols and procedures which strictly administer the moderator gatekeepers. Cross them at your peril.
Content shared within these reddit thread have the ability to go viral within the space of a very short time given the nature of the community. Sometimes threads started within a subreddit break mainstream and make it on to the front page due to the sharing nature of the post. I think you get the picture it is an incredibly powerful platform from a community perspective. The power and voice of Reddit also seem to feed outwardly with Google news syndication Reddit posts into its news platform.
A recent dare (experiment) by DANNYonPC has shown exactly how the power of Reddit can influence Google and not necessary in a relevant way. Danny posted a thread that was bound to get a response.
The challenge originally was to show (rank) the potato within image search for ‘Gaming Console’. In fact, within 9 hours of the post going live it had over 4126 upvotes with over 480 comments from people enjoying the thread. Some have shown great passion around the cause and from an SEO’s perspective, the thread has shown great relevance to the cause, especially these contributions.
All in jest, but you could argue, totally on topic.
As I said before, the dare was originally posted with the intention to rank the potato within the image search feature, however, it has gone one better and is now sitting proudly at the top of page 1 of Google due to it being syndicated via the Google News platform.
Lets all rejoice the power of people and potatoes.
No doubt really given that the US of A is the home of the Reddit platform. My curiosity drove me to check what was going on globally, assuming each countries news stories are underpinned by local content not just global events.
I have checked globally via local proxies and this is how it stands within the major countries for Google.
Changed my browser language settings so as to be totally German. No spuds…..
Changed my browser language settings so as to be totally Swedish. No spuds…..
Changed my browser language settings so as to read English content. Bingo POTATO…..
In fact to save you the pain of duplication I observed the same results with the French search results as well. Local language browser settings turned on, no potato, English language turned on, potato identified.
That single Reddit thread had the power to be syndicated across multiple regions within the news feature, on page 1. POWERFUL STUFF
What i find interesting is that Google is syndicating Reddit post in the first instance. Does it potentially syndicate the platform as a whole? I can understand the principle behind it because sometimes articles will appear first on Reddit before anywhere else and from that gain a viral nature to them. But Reddit also has an anti-establishment nature to it and if a practical joke is going to be had, it will also be launched on Reddit, as the potato gaming console demonstrates.
In fact, it has been taken to a rather sinister level because now people are trying to rank a Nazi flag for the term ‘COMCAST’ and the upvotes are pouring in.
Don’t think this one will work…….
Overall, jokes aside this has reinforced yet again how powerful Reddit is and the influence it can have from an SEO perspective.
Reddit needs to be part of your SEO Strategy.
PS. When the POTATO gaming console is launched please let me know where I can get one, they look “AWESOME”.