On one beautiful day, a maid was craving to prepare mac and cheese loaded with milk to serve her guests. When she walked into the kitchen, she realized that there was no milk at all. Nothing condensed, nor dried! She rushed to her neighbor, asking for milk. But that was the moment when innovation empowered discovery. She thought of cooking mac and cheese without milk. Well, she was scared that her guests might call her insane for weird inventions. But, their reaction was reciprocal. They asked for more! And she fell deep in that sight.
Well, the very same way, the Mac and Cheese without Milk was prepared for the first time. The guests would never feel that you did not add milk to that. Instead, it is so creamy that the outcome will cover the absence of milk easily. This fantastic meal is easy to prepare and is full of flavor. If you want to get weight fast then mac and cheese recipe can be an amazing recipe for you.
Drain macaroni and set to the side. Melt butter in sauce pan. Add cream cheese and cook low till melted- be careful not to burn. Add in shredded cheese and macaroni. Stir vigorously until all cheese is melted together and well mixed. You can either serve now or for additional cheesiness- pour macaroni into a baking dish. Sprinkle with shredded.
- For baked macaroni and cheese, heat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and butter a 3-quart casserole dish or spray with non-stick cooking spray. For stove-top mac and cheese, move on to the next step. Grate the cheeses and set aside. For baked mac and cheese, reserve 1/2 cup for topping the pasta before baking in the oven.
- Making cheese sauce without milk trolley Mar 6, 2010 08:42 PM 11 is it possible to make a cheese sauce without using milk? I've tried buttermilk and man was it gross. I tried vegetable broth but it was pretty blah as well. My goal with this sauce is to make macaroni and cheese with a roux base sauce.
Servings of Mac and Cheese without Milk Recipe
The Mac and Cheese without Milk usually are served as lunch. But it can also be taken as breakfast and in snacks. That depends on what time you prefer loading yourself up with mac and cheese. Further, with the standard ingredients, you can serve up to 6 diners. Ahead of that, Mac and Cheese without Milk can be served as a main course meal as well as a side course dish.
Read also 3 Best Stovetop Mac and Cheese Recipe
Pretty common ingredients we will need to prepare the Mac and Cheese without milk. Well, you may alter the recipe as per your taste and choice. But make sure not to add too much or too little of the essential ingredients. Here are the ingredients:
- Yellow onion, medium-sized, only 1 and it should be diced
- Garlic cloves, a couple of them would do, and they should be minced
- Coconut oil or the avocado oil, whichever is available, add only 1 tablespoon
- 3 cups of butternut cubed and squashed, prefer getting the fresh piece
- Cauliflower florets, 3 cups, go with the fresh ones
- Chicken broth for the chicken lovers and vegetable broth for veg lovers, only 2 cups would do
- Lemon juice, from freshly squeezed lemons, filling one and a half tablespoon
- Mustard, a quarter tablespoon should be enough
- Salt, as per your taste, well recommend 1 to 1 and a half tablespoon
- Yeast, 3 tablespoon
- Cooked pasta that you like the most, but should be gluten-free, nearly 16 ounces would do the job
Additionally, you can add mozzarella and shredded cheese to the ingredient, but make sure to balance the quantity.
You may be interested in Mac and Cheese Sandwich Or Mac And Cheese Hamburger
The Mac and Cheese without Milk is a hassle-free comfort meal to prepare. In total it takes 35 minutes to make it ready to serve. The preparation may take around 15 minutes if there is no interval in the process. And the cooking takes 20 minutes max. Further, the expert chefs can serve it in nearly half an hour.
Read Also: Best Mac and Cheese Pizza
Well, let’s move ahead to the cooking phase. Here is the instruction that you may follow to prepare the Mac and Cheese without Milk ideally:
- Light a medium flame and heat oil in a saucepan with the lid of medium size
- Add the diced onion to the heated oil and cook it
- Keep them stirring until they turn soft
- Add the minced garlic cloves to the saucepan and cook them until they begin to turn golden
- Once the garlic is fragrant, add the cauliflower, squash, and broth
- Let the mixture be simmered with the saucepan covered with the lid
- Once the vegetables are tender, lower the heat so that the mixture should not start boiling
- Upon vegetable turn very delicate, pour the mixture to a blender
- Blend the mixture until it smoothens up
- Taste it to check if any salt and other ingredients are good enough for the meal
- Pour the mixture to the cooked pasta and mix it well
And then it is all set to serve!
Read More: Mac And Cheese with Milk Or Mac And Cheese For Kids
Read also How to Reheat Mac and Cheese?
Nutritional Values of Mac and Cheese without Milk
Now let’s dive deep into the nutritional facts of Mac and Cheese without Milk. Each serving may approximately have the following nutritional value:
- There is 340 mg of sodium
- Fiber is around 10 grams
- The meal has 376 calories, which means it is a full-time meal
- 7 grams of fats are there, because of the cream and it may increase if cheese is added
- Value of proteins is around 12 grams
- 7 grams of sugar is also there
- Carbohydrate rate at 71 grams
Try More: Mac And Cheese Recipes
No Milk For Mac N Cheese
No Milk For Mac And Cheese Kraft
This is the expert Mac and Cheese without Milk recipe. Alongside it is the easiest to follow. If you fancy adding some taste to this meal, you may make the necessary changes. Common alteration includes cooking pasta, instead of getting a cooked pasta. Also, some folks prefer adding water. Well, do try it and share its taste with your family and friends. Indeed, you would like it.