- Yahoo Email Settings For Mac
- Google Email Settings For Mac Sport Fast Acting
- Google Email Settings For Mac Sport Fast Key
- Google Email Settings For Mac Sport Fast Cars
Thunderbird is a free, open-source, cross-platform application for managing email, news feeds, chat, and newsgroups. One great feature of Thunderbird is that it can work seamlessly with Google Gmail, synchronizing messages between your local version of Thunderbird and your web-based Gmail account. Oct 30, 2020 How to Set up Gmail With IMAP. After IMAP is enabled in Gmail, set up a new IMAP account in your email client of choice. If the email client is listed below, select the link to learn how to set up Gmail on your device quickly. Otherwise, follow the generic instructions for setting up Gmail with IMAP manually. The free email service developed by Google is now available in over 100 languages and used by over 1.4 billion users worldwide. Gmail offers a basic HTML version that works across all browsers, while an AJAX version is supported by major browsers for Mac including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, among others.
- How to Set Up Gmail in Outlook 2013 and 2010. The process for adding email accounts to Outlook 2013 and 2010 are similar to each other. The screenshots below are from Outlook 2013; screens in Outlook 2010 will vary slightly, but the layout and function are the same.
- In the Email address field, enter your Google Apps Mail address (e.g., [email protected]). In the Password field, enter your Application Specific Password generated by Google. You will be told that the Account must be manually configured. The Incoming Mail Server window will open. In the Incoming Mail Server window.
Why should I use Outlook for my Gmail address?
Although the web based system of Google Gmail is one of the most feature rich webmail platforms, you may want to handle your Gmail account & messages from a client email software program such as Microsoft Outlook. For example, if you are using other email addresses and not just the Gmail account, most likely you would want to read and handle all your email accounts from the same interface & program.
Configuring the Outook Gmail settings.
You can configure Outlook to handle your Gmail account as a POP3 or as an IMAP account. Depending on your choice, you have to enable the related account option in your Gmail account (Gmail Settings -> Forwarding and POP/IMAP).
Start Outlook: from the main Outlook window, go to Tools -> Email Accounts.
On the Outlook popup window, select to 'Add a new e-mail account' and click on Next.
On the server type step, select POP3 or IMAP (depending on your needs) for the Outlook email account type, then click on Next. There is no need to select the IMAP type, because the Gmail web based account will anyway keep a copy of all emails, just like an IMAP account would do.
On the next screen, you will have to specify your Outlook Gmail settings, such as your Gmail username and password, Gmail server addresses, Gmail server ports and Outlook Gmail display name.
POP Gmail servers for Outlook:
- Incoming mail server: pop.gmail.com
- Outgoing mail server: smtp.gmail.com.
IMAP Gmail server for Outlook:
- Incoming mail server: imap.gmail.com
- Outgoing mail server: smtp.gmail.com.
As an alternative, you may setup any other outgoing mail server that you have access to, such as your ISP's SMTP server or your own hosted outgoing server. However, if you setup a 3rd party outgoing mail server, you will not have access to sent emails via your web based Gmail account panel.
If you use Gmail as a POP Outlook account:
- On the 'Incoming server (POP3)' field, enter 995 and mark the box 'This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)';
- On the 'Outgoing server (SMTP)' field, enter 465 and mark the box 'This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)'.
If you use Gmail as an IMAP Outlook account:
- On the 'Incoming server (IMAP)' field, enter 993 and mark the box 'This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)';
- On the 'Outgoing server (SMTP)' field, enter 587 and mark the box 'This server requires an encrypted connection (TLS)'.
For both POP and IMAP, you also have to enable the option 'My outgoing mail server requires authentication' from the Outgoing Server tab.
Yahoo Email Settings For MacYou can also change the server timeouts period: this defines the time interval for which Outlook will wait to establish a Gmail connection, before triggering a connection error. The slower your Internet connection is, the greater period you should put.
The 'Delivery' options are not important for an Outlook Gmail account: no matter what you would change here, Gmail will always keep a copy of each email on the Gmail server.
Google Email Settings For Mac Sport Fast ActingWhen you are done setting up your Outlook Gmail advanced settings, click on OK to return to the Outlook Gmail account window.
To verify your Outlook Gmail setup, click on the 'Test Account Settings' button: this will make Outlook to attempt to login to your Gmail account and to send & receive an Outlook test email. If the test will succeed, you will notice the test email in your Outlook Inbox folder. If the test fails, Outlook will prompt you with the error messages - most likely, you didn't setup the correct server settings or the Gmail password is wrong.
Google Email Settings For Mac Sport Fast Key
The mail server settings for Outlook.com.
Google Email Settings For Mac Sport Fast Cars
- Gmail POP Access Help Center;
- Gmail auto-configuration tool for Microsoft Outlook 2002 or Outlook Express;
- Microsoft article on using Outlook 2002 or 2003 with a Google Gmail account.
Related Outlook Add-insDiscover how you can increase your email productivity using the DS Development Outlook add-ins
Back to the Email Tips Index.