Keeping you in The Loop
Video replay: COVID-19 Vaccine Employee Forum, Dec. 17
Patricia Winokur, MD, Mike Brownlee, PharmD, and Suresh Gunasekaran, MBA, talked through what comes next with COVID-19 vaccines and answered questions from employees during a forum yesterday.
Games 339 Inventory. Last played on Dec 20, 2020. 1.7 hrs on record last played on Dec 18, 2020 Edge Of Eternity. Achievement Progress 3. Search titles only; Posted by Member: Separate names with a comma. Newer Than: Search this forum only. Display results as threads. The live-action fantasy drama based on the Nickelodeon animated series Winx Club follows 16-year-old fairies Bloom (Abigail Cowen), Musa (Elisha Applebaum), Stella (Hannah van der Westhuysen), Aisha (Precious Mustapha), and Terra (Eliot Salt) as they attend boarding school to learn how to control their powers and deal with relationships and creatures out to destroy them. Presence, Not Presents: Free Ways To Make The Holidays Special Dec 21, 2020 'The Real J.D.' Talks 'Scrubs' Memories, Covid Vaccines, & More Dec 19, 2020 Coffee, KFC, & Counterfeit Calamari: Food Conspiracies Worldwide Dec 18, 2020.
31 ways to celebrate the holiday season safely this year
The Twin Cities Sports Leader The 339th Initials Game on The Power Trip (J.W.) - The Power Trip iHeartRadio. View on iheart.com. Related Stories.
We’re well into the holiday season, but with COVID-19 still posing a very real threat, we have to adapt and choose safe ways to celebrate. We’ve put together a list of 31 ways to celebrate—and maybe create some new traditions along the way.
In case you missed it: COVID-19 vaccination recap
The first week of UI Health Care’s COVID-19 vaccinations was one filled with hope and excitement, marking a historic turning point in this pandemic. In case you missed it, here’s a look back at some of our vaccine coverage.
COVID-19 announcements and reminders
- MyChart is an easy way to manage your health care from the comfort of home, 24/7. We’ve created a new resource for our patients to help them become more familiar with MyChart, including step-by-step how-to videos. View our page, Get to know MyChart.
View our holiday shopping guide for ways to stay safe while still scoring some great deals.
We Stand Together
What would you do if Santa called? Thanks to Child Life, Emergency Manager Mike Hartley, and Safety and Security, pediatric patient Konner Traylor had the best reaction in this video when he got to speak to the big guy himself over the radio.
COVID-19 by the numbers
C-19 adult inpatients: 27 yesterday, 1,162 to date
C-19 pediatric inpatients: 1 yesterday, 64 to date
% positive symptomatic C-19 test results**: 17% yesterday, 23% to date
Telehealth screenings***: 339 yesterday, 83,746 to date
Employees tested positive (self-reported)*: 3 yesterday, 1,336 to date
Employees who have received the first COVID-19 vaccine dose: 269 yesterday, 975 to date
Employees who have received both the first and second/final COVID-19 vaccine doses: 0 yesterday, 0 to date
Visit COVID-19 by the numbers for more info
Other news and updates
- The hot water in the UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital will be shut down from 9 p.m. tomorrow to 3 a.m. on Sunday, Dec. 20, while a main water service line is repaired.
- The Atrium Dining Room (Elevators D and E, Level 7) will be closed from Monday, Dec. 21, to Monday, Jan. 4.
- Throughout December, Food & Nutrition Services will provide food items from local restaurants at various retail locationsas part of its community partnership initiative.
- Volunteer Services is in need of gift cards for long-term inpatients for the Angel Tree. Learn more.
- Want more information about Voalte? Visit The Loop‘s new pagefor details on Voalte Me, Voalte One, and Voalte Messenger, as well as training videos on how to use each application.
- Online delivery is a fast and secure way for employees to receive year-end W-2 and Affordable Care Act (ACA) 1095 forms. To set your delivery preferences, log in to Employee Self Service >> My Self Service >> Form Delivery Options under Settings.
Outside UI Health Care
Downtown Iowa City testing ‘warming huts’ as winter outdoor seating
North Linn Street in Iowa City has been closed to traffic since the summer, giving restaurants and customers space to spread out, KCRG reports.
Santas get creative to spread holiday cheer during pandemic
Santa portrayers have gotten creative when it comes to spreading holiday cheer during the pandemic, KCRG reports.
2020 may be the hottest year on record. Here’s the damage it did
With just a few weeks left, 2020 is in a dead-heat tie for the hottest year on record, NPR reports.
Mausoleum of Rome’s first emperor restored and ready to reopen
After decades of neglect, one of ancient Rome’s most important monuments, the mausoleum of the first emperor Augustus, has been restored and will reopen early next year, Reuters reports.
Game 339: December 18 2020 The Initials Game 6
March Madness in December: No. 1 Gonzaga, No. 3 Iowa meet in potential game of the year
The Hawkeyes and Bulldogs clash tomorrow at 11 a.m. on CBS in a top-three regular season showdown that could be a preview of things to come, The Daily Iowan reports.
Game 339: December 18 2020 The Initials Game Show
Send announcements for Noon News to [email protected] and see submission guidelines on The Loop. Produced by UI Health Care Marketing and Communications. Persons with a disability requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in programs at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics may discuss their needs with Concierge Services in advance at 356-1900.