The AP 3-D Art and Design course framework is made up of three big ideas. As always, you have the flexibility to organize the course content as you like. Big Idea 1: Investigate materials, processes, and ideas. Big Idea 2: Make art and design. Big Idea 3: Present art and design. 3D Printing ideas – top 5 projects for students Idea number 1 – The balloon STEM boat. This is a great project really engage your students in STEM. Students will have to use the basic skills of extrude, revolve, shell, chamfer and duplicate to be able to model a similar outcome.
3d Printerseffective Curriculum Ideas Preschool
With the expansion of the applications of 3D printing technology throughout industry, it is important that students start to develop the design and technical skills required to harness this technology. This will provide a future workforce with the skills required to meet the demands of this expanding industry.
Developing these skills can begin in the Primary school. Schools can maximise on their investment by embedding 3D printing across the school at all levels and in multiple subject areas, using it as a tool to increase pupil engagement and attainment.
This guide has been developed by The CREATE Education Project to provide Primary Schools with an overview of how 3D printing can be utilised within a Primary school setting across all ages, levels and curriculum areas, including:
- Getting started.
- 3D printing skills progression – a complete progression route with suggested projects for each stage. This takes pupils from total beginners designing in 2D through to them being able to design their own 3D models. The progression route can be applied from Reception upwards.
- 3D printing across the curriculum – details, examples and ideas for how 3D printing can be used across the curriculum with a dedicated section for every Primary subject area as well as cross-curricular and business enterprise ideas.
- Lots of project ideas and links to further resources and case studies.
- Further support and professional development.
- Sharing and showcasing your work with the CREATE Education community.
3d Printerseffective Curriculum Ideas 5th
We have published the guide as a handy downloadable PDF, this will allow you to print it out and have it by your side as a valuable reference. The guide contains lots of useful links to specific further information and resources. If you have the PDF open on your computer or device, you can click on the links directly from the PDF to open the resources.
In The Classroom
3d Printerseffective Curriculum Ideas Activities
This is a professional development resource to allow you to develop a plan for introducing 3D printing in the classroom across all ages and subjects in order to maximise the opportunities for 3D printing in school and develop pupil’s skills.